June 8 - September 11, 2014
Search for gold and find adventure! Follow in the footsteps on Fannie Quigley to the old gold town of Kantishna on this all day adventure to the end of the Park Road. Join a Certified Interpretive Guide on this unique experience, and learn about the park – and spend time in Kantishna discovering its fascinating history and role in the formation of Interior Alaska. This experience also features a National Park Service Interpretive Ranger from Wonder Lake.
This is the only tour to feature an Interpretive Ranger from the National Park Service. Two departures daily.
- 11-12 hour tour, 92 miles one-way to the end of the Park Road
- Boxed lunch, snacks and beverages
- Pick up from area hotels between 5:40 AM – 7:30 AM, and departs from the Wilderness Access Center (WAC) at 6:30 and 7:30 AM (6:30 departure ends August 25th)
- Returns between 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM.
- Some walking is involved
- Seating is limited, advanced reservations are highly recommended
- Smoking or consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on tour buses
- If you’re traveling with children, please take a moment to review the Alaska Car Seat Laws